The doyenne of the Manchester hotel scene swung open its 5-star doors 20 years ago. Since then there has been much change within the city and a vast change in the hospitality offer but one thing has remained true, The Lowry Hotel has remained at the top of its game – often imitated, never beaten.
A five-star hotel refresh, a premium celebratory gin and a luxury treasure hunt are some of the events planned to celebrate The Lowry Hotel’s 20th anniversary. Keen to spread the love and celebrations with guests and local visitors, we are planning a calendar of events including a treasure hunt around the city with luxury prizes to be won. Plus a celebratory Lowry Hotel Gin has been created and distilled with local gin supplier Brindle distillery – the perfect addition to any five-star drinks trolley at home. You will be able to purchase this directly from the hotel from September onwards...
To be the first to know about the celebratory events taking place at the Hotel throughout the year sign up to our newsletter below and make sure you are following on social media!
The Lowry Hotel 20th Anniversary Gin
Available to purchase
20 prizes located in the city of Manchester
Opening night menu
A weekend with the menu inspired by the dishes on our opening night.
20th Anniversary Walking Tour
20 sites of the city starting with a cocktail and finishing with afternoon tea at the Lowry Hotel with a resident blue badge guide.
Appreciation dinner and awards ceremony to express our gratitude for some of The Lowry Hotel’s most long standing employees and suppliers.
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is: The Lowry Hotel (company no. 03807696) whose registered office is at The Lowry Hotel,, 50 Dearmans Place, Manchester M3 5LH.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 12 years or over except employees of The Lowry Hotel and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. Age restrictions may apply on certain prizes.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By signing up to the activities and participating, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions and providing your explicit consent to be marketed to by The Lowry Hotel.
- To claim a prize where the entry route is via social media only the entrant must be contactable within 24 hours of the winner announcement, failure to make contact will result in another winner being selected.
- The winner(s) must be following The Lowry Hotel on Instagram.
- The winner(s) must have a public profile on Instagram for the entry to be received, or to direct message a screenshot of the entry.
- The winner(s) must follow all instructions to be eligible to win the prize.
- The winner(s) consent to having their image and likeness used in conjunction with the promotion of the competition and prizes won.
- Only one entry per prize will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. People using multiple email addresses or social media profiles to enter will also be disqualified.
- To allow the treasure hunt to be fair for all parties, the same person/party cannot claim more than 2 prizes.
- Closing date for any anniversary activities will be 30/12/21. After this date no further entries to the competitions will be permitted nor will the prizes be able to be claimed.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as described for each giveaway.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another without giving notice.
- No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in this prize. For example, the costs of transport to and from the venue are not included. Any extras ordered outside the terms of this competition will need to be paid in full on the visit date.
- Winners will be chosen randomly from all entries made correctly by The Lowry Hotel.
- If any winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize with 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Dates will be subject to availability.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering these competitions, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available for 10 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Lowry Hotel's decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.