50 Dearmans Place on Chapel Wharf
Find us where Manchester and Salford meet. On one side is the River Irwell, with pedestrian access to Deansgate via the bridge designed by Calatrava; on the other side is Salford, where business thrives beside fashionable conversions of historic factories.
We also have two Tesla electric vehicle charging points outside the hotel for residents and non-residents to use.
From Manchester International Airport
Manchester International Airport is approximately 25 minutes by car from the hotel.
- Depart on Domestic Approach at the roundabout, take the fifth exit onto Outwood Lane
- Bear left Outwood Lane and continue onto Slip Road (M56 J5)
- Continue onto M56 for 1.97 mile(s)
- Continue onto A5103 for 4.96 mile(s)
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Mancunian Way
- Continue onto Egerton Street (A57) for 0.05 mile(s)
- Continue onto A57 for 0.08 mile(s)
- Turn right A57 for 0.53 mile(s)
- Turn left onto Irwell Street (A34) for 0.05 mile(s)
- Continue onto A34 for 0.07 mile(s)
- Turn right onto Chapel Street (A6) for 0.28 mile(s)
- Turn right Chapel Street (A6)
- Continue along and pass under a railway bridge. The entrance for the hotel is on your right after 50 yards
From Manchester Piccadilly Train Station
Manchester’s mainline train station is just 10 minutes by car from the hotel. They have a taxi rank outside the station.
If you choose to walk your journey time should be approximately 20 mins
- Depart Manchester Piccadilly by the WH Smith entrance and walk down the station approach until you reach a cross roads cross over and continue down Piccadilly.
- Pass Piccadilly bus and tram station and continue onto Market Street.
- Continue down past Manchester Arndale Centre and you will come to a cross roads where you should continue straight down.
- Continue past Marks and Spencers and St Ann’s Square until you come to Deansgate.
- Cross straight across Deansgate onto Blackfriars
- Continue down Blackfriars and you will see East Z East restaurant where you will see steps which lead down to The River Irwell.
- Continue down steps and follow the path around where you will find The Lowry Hotel.
From Peters Square Tram Stop
The nearest tram stop to The Lowry Hotel is St Peters Square. To walk to The Lowry Hotel follow the instructions below:
- Walk from the tram stop towards the Midland Hotel and walk down Peter Street towards Deansgate.
- At Deansgate cross the main road and walk towards House of Fraser.
- Just before you arrive at House of Fraser turn onto King Street West and walk to the bottom of the street.
- At the square cross the street where you will find a small walk way (to the right of the car park) towards the Calatrava Bridge which leads directly to The Lowry Hotel.